Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Mini Autobiography

The beginning:
I came after two other "woo roo jacks" (excited kids) into this world and somehow survived all the booby traps in shape of needles etc, in my bed. I was told that my nanny "Nane Piri e" (the old granny) could not take her eyes off me! Not because I was very handsome but because my older brother would play too many trick on me.� I bet it was more of a torture for her.

Tricks did not end there; when I was 4-5 years old my brother would trick me to trade my little mini-car toys with a gum or a candy. A fare sounding trade, except, it was not too long after finishing the candy that I would recognize I don't have the toy anymore or the candy! And according to the Mom's Supreme Court: "A trade is a trade; thou shall make up your mind before it is final".

As for my sister, it is enough to say that her room was totally off limits for me until she left home!

So the treasury of my brother got more prosperous with his and my toys forcing me to relying on Nature for amusement and made friend with ants and pigeons! I loved hot summer afternoons when parents were asleep and I could snick out to the garden and play with ants, send them to sail on a matchbox on our small pool or make them fight!

So I survived a couple of more years to go to school, where I had to fast forward my first and second grade because of the revolution in Iran. (That my have something to do with my underprivileged Farsi!) Since the age of 11 my friends and classmate kept telling me "You were not born for here, where the heck are you from?!" After finishing high school, and about 3 years of military service, I left the country of "gol o bol bol" (flower and nightingale) to find my fate, and to venture my destiny I went on a journey that continues to this day.

Stay tuned for some more stories...

1 comment:

Shirin said...

That’s a cool story Amir. I really liked it. Looking forward to more.