Monday, May 22, 2006

Cinema

We watched a very interesting and beautiful movie last weekend called, Cinema Paradiso, by Giuseppe Tornatore.

I had seen it many years back and found it quite nice and delicate.  I was suggesting it to CAT and we got it and this time DVD included a new version with undeleted cuts so we watched both of them! It was very interesting, the new version was so differed that  the ending was dramatically different giving it a “Hollywood ending”?!

As CAT commented it was as if we watched two different movies.

I still think the first released version was more interesting. It would let the story connect to real people and the ending open to viewers imagination.

This director has another great movie called “Malena” . I recommend these movies to “Cinema” lovers if have not seen them yet. They would enjoy them immensely.
Cheers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The 'kissing' movie scene at the end with all of the censored portions is -- I think -- one of the best cinematic moments ever.

Amir said...

That is also one of my most favorit scenes of all time...
A