Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Film

I always wonder how some women remember the smallest little detail of an event from past. As if “they have photographic memory…”
This is a story about remembering things… I remember long time ago when I was 8 or 10, I used to go to my grandma’s house very frequently, it was not too far, in fact it was side by side our house, I sometimes even snuck in there from the roof!
Mamany, that is what I used to call my grandma, had a very large house with two yards and 3 sets of buildings… One set was occupied by my uncle and his newly formed family … But, they did not last there very long as I drove them away, or at least contributed to their leaving, by parking my ratty bike in their yard and bothering them by making noises every afternoon when I wanted to sneak out to making more noise with the rest of the neighborhood kids racing our bikes… I don’t think they ever forgot that or forgave me for that matter!

Couple of years ago one of my cousins who is about 6 years younger that me wrote me: “Do you know that I saw my very first movie with you when I was 4 years old!?”

I chuckled… no way! Are you out of your mind?! I was not old enough to go to movie by myself… and categorically denied it
Then she gave me the details… how one summer afternoon, I went to my grandma’s yard and saw my cousin. Asked her if she wanted to see a movie with me?! (She is 4, remember) and she says “yes”. Then I took her hand and went to a cinema called “Mahtab”. Two hours later we came back facing all the grownups franticly looking for us… they were all mad at me!!!!! Obviously and I was punished and banned from going there for a while…
I read the story again and again and thought to myself; She is making it up.
Then she wrote “the movie was about a boy running from home and joining a Circus! And movie was call Toby Tyler or something.”
That was when my jaws fell on the ground and remembered the whole story. She was right and that was my favorite childhood movie.

Last week I found that movie in Netflix and ordered it! Can’t wait to watch it again … sometimes I think that was me running away and joining the circus!

So, some women have photographic memory as my wife does too.
I do think I have one too, but mine has no film in it! :0(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»