Thursday, July 20, 2006

"Some like it Hot"

It was funny. A few weeks ago we were in San Diego and visited Hotel Del Coronado where I saw some shots of Marilyn on the walls of the hotel. Chakameh thought she has seen this place in a movie… possibly “Some Like it Hot”
Last night we watched the movie, playing: Marilyn Monroe, Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis. That was right,a B&W old movie that we enjoyed watching, it was one of Chakameh’s favorites that I had not seen.
It was very funny and I think it was ahead of its own time,(1959).
The odd part of the movie was that it was supposed to be a hotel in Florida!
If you happen to visit San Diego, make sure to visit that place it is very enchanting even at night.
I also remembered to share this with you, that there is an interesting place in LA to visit as well! It is the one and only remaining “Silent Movie Theater” in the US. It is on, 611 North Fairfax Ave. in Hollywood. It is remodeled and trendy, with live music…
I look forward to seeing a show in there!
Cheers
PS: Yesterday’s photo was a repeat, sorry about that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»