Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The only tape

When I left Iran I took with me only one tape. It was one of Faramarz e Aslani’s his first album from 1978 or so. The tape belonged to my sister who left it home 15 years earlier when she left Iran…
This tape has been a permanent fixture of my car since then.
Last Saturday Chakameh and I had a chance to go to one of Faramarz’s performances in a club down in LA.
Chakameh had won the tickets answering to a tedious question in a contest in KIRN….Long story short, we both were very excited to see this performance and fortunately it was as exciting and beautiful as we expected.
He is still a great singer, song writer and a fantastic artist with a captivating voice. I also heard a few of his newer songs that were as good. There was also another great guitar player in his band named Ardeshir e Farah. He was great too.
I am sharing a couple of picture with you from that night, July 4th 2006, and encourage everyone to buy his new CDs…
I also want to thank my lovely wife for winning those tickets and many others with her wit and intelligent …


3 comments:

Chakameh Azimpour said...

Aziz jooni. The other Guitar player was Ardeshir Farah and then, you are more than welcome. I am happy you liked it :-**

Shirin said...

I love Faramarz Aslani :-) for some reason I thought he was dead though! I’d never seen pictures of him before; He is very khosh-tip
;-)

Amir said...

Thanks for visiting my site and thanks for the comments,
Cheers
A